Back to Article List
SNOW ANGELS WANTED...CONGRATULATIONS NED McCORMACK, BD WORK SESSION, FUN EVENTS
Release Date: December 11, 2009
SNOW ANGELS WANTED--If you are interested in volunteering some time this winter helping a senior citizen or disabled resident shovel their driveways (or walkway) after it snows - please e mail me at email@example.com. Over 18 years ago I formed the Greenburgh snow angels program. Volunteers help their neighbors. We're looking for volunteers who will help seniors/disabled residents at no cost. We are also looking for names of people who would be willing to assist for a fee. During the winter months I receive a number of calls after each snow storm from residents who need help.
If you are a senior citizen with special needs or a disabled resident and want to be added to the list of people we will try to find snow angels for - please e mail me.
Congratulations to Edwin "Ned" McCormack on being appointed by County Executive-elect Rob Astorino to head up the new County Executive's communication team. Ned has served as a leader of the Mayfair-Knollwood Civic Association. He is a former journalist. He is an excellent choice!
Next Tuesday's work session begins at 9:15 AM at Town Hall. The work session will be devoted to the 2010 town budget. The Town Board will hold our third and final budget hearing on Tuesday evening at 8:15 PM.
- Opening Reception: Artist Wineke Gartz, White Plains
- Alycea Singer performs, Irvington
- Opening Reception: The First Annual Student/ Faculty Exhibition, Garrison
- Comedy: Brian Regan, Tarrytown
- Chanukah Party! @ Toast, Hastings
- Nutcracker Now 2009! Sleepy Hollow
- "Bring Your Wish List to Santa Claus, Hastings
- "Trains-- Your Ticket to the Great Outdoors" GNC, Scarsdale
- Margaret Slovak performs, Hastings
- Holiday Book Signing, Galápagos Books, Hastings
- SteveSongs, Mamaroneck
- Artist Reception: Nora Scarlett, Dobbs Ferry
- Holiday Showcase, Sleepy Hollow
- Hanukkah Puppet Show and Party, Tarrytown
- Cimarron Holiday Festival of Afro-Latino Roots, Mount Vernon
- Victorian Tree Decorating Party, Yonkers
- Hanukkah Concert: The Mama Doni Band, White Plains
- "The Transformative Power of Live Performance", Irvington
- Jessie Lambiase performs, Hastings
- Menorah Lighting Ceremony, Irvington
- Lou's Blues, Ardsley
- Closing Exhibit: Jean Duquoc, Tarrytown
- Matt Turk performs, Hastings
- Judy Collins, Irvington
Please be sure to click through to the “Local” and “What’s Happening” Pages for even more.
Upcoming Films in the Area
Irvington Town Hall Theater
-- "The Nutcracker": Saturday, December 19 @ 11:30am
-- "L’Orfeo": Sunday, December 27 @ 1pm
-- "Leonard Cohen at The Isle of Wight (1970): "Wednesday, December 30 @ 8pm
-- "Don Carlo": Saturday, January 2 @ 11:30am
-- "The Conversation": Wednesday, January 6 @ 8pm
-- "I Puritani": Sunday, January 24 @ 1pm
Saturday, January 23 @ 8pm | The First Annual Jonah Maccabee Dreskin Memorial Concert | Bet Am Shalom Synagogue, White Plains | A phenomenal double bill featuring Josh Nelson and Dan Nichols. Two of contemporary Jewish music’s finest artists. Come hear these great performers for a night of entertainment and community as we carry forward the legacy of Jonah Maccabee. Proceeds will help provide URJ summer camp scholarships to WCT member families. To purchase tickets, go to http://wct.org/jonahmaccabeememorialconcert. If you cannot attend but would like to support the Jonah Maccabee Fund, go to http://wct.org/jonah_dreskin
Battle of the Bands
Your band could be selected to perform in front of a live audience at the Westchester County Center this winter. The event will be held on January 23, 2010. Amateur musicians, 15 – 20 years of age only. Deadline for Submission of audition CDs is Tuesday, January 5 Call Kevin Cook for details 914-864-7064 or http://www.countycenter.biz/
Looking for the H1N1 Vaccine?
Contact: Urgent Care of Westchester, 155 White Plains Road, Suite 101 Tarrytown, NY 10591. 372-7171 or http://www.ucofwestchester.com
ANOTHER GREAT WEBSITE: THEHUDSONINDEPENDENT.COM---www.thehudsonindependent.com has some interesting articles about the town of Greenburgh's recent approval of the Stop & Shop supermarket/retail zoning application. There's another good article about the Con Ed tree clearing and its impact on the community. They also have a good calendar of events.