Damage to Residences


Due to the severtity of Hurricane Sandy many fallen trees and high winds caused damage to homes and commerical properties.  

If you had storm damage, please contact the Building Department at 914-989-1561 and an inspector will be dispatched to the site to perform a visual inspection.

Building permits are required for repairs of structural compents. An architect or engineer must submit drawings of the proposed repair.  Electrical and plumbing permits are required for any and all electrical and plumbing work.  The Town Board has authorized the Building Department to waive permit fees for proved storm related damage. 


Damage to Electrical Service
Contact Consolidated Edison 1-800-752-6633.


 After you have contacted Con Ed, engage a Westchester County electrician to assess the interior/entrance cable damage and file for permits.  Third party electrical inspection agency must then inspect the electrical (New York Electrical Inspection Services -NYEIS 914-347-4390 or State Wide Inspection Serivces (SWIS 914-909-4471)

Town Trees

If the tree is in the roadway or is a Town tree that has fallen, please contact the Department of Public Works 914-989-1580

©2024 Town of Greenburgh
View Full Website